Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 27 August 2012

White horses won't carry me away!

Well dear reader, what a weekend. Wind, rain, more wind and white horses all over the ocean. The weather has put paid to any attempt to swim to France as the wind has not dropped below force 5 and the tides are now against me. Bummer!
Yesterday I was invited to swim in the Jersey Long Distance Swimming Club Masters' Trophy race inside the breakwater at St. Catherines Bay. Inside the wall the water was calm, outside it was like being punched in the face by a fierce watery creature. Still, a swim is better than no swim and I finished 6th in the over 25's out of about 30 swimmers.
Now I will turn my attention to Windermere next Monday where I will do a double length 12 hour swim. School the next day, what fun!
What would life be without rock and roll. Dull, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!