Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday, 19 August 2012

Hi Ho, it's off to Jersey we go!

Well folks, this is it, the big swim week. Lizzie and I leave for Jersey on Thursday ready for my Sunday swim. Unfortunately because of the great British weather, things are not going to be ideal, next Sunday is forecast for force 8.
If that is the case, there is no way the swim will go ahead as it will be impossible to swim safely in those conditions so The Jersey Long Distance Swimming Club are trying to get me a circumnavigation of the island swim on Friday. A mere 44 MILES!
If the weather is not favourable I have a double swim of Lake Windermere booked for 3rd September. I will get an extreme swim in one way or another!
Thanks to all who have mentioned that they would support the Children's Liver Disease Foundation. Most people have given me money directly but if it is easier please use the Just Giving site.

Don't forget rock is the food of life.

1 comment:

  1. David - we wish you good weather and a good swim! Your Yankee friends in the US - Rob and Mary Golway


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!