Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Happy 2016

Happy New Year y'all.

This will be my first full year being old and retired. Hurrah!

This year will see me return to beautiful Tarifa in Southern Spain ready to swim across the Straits of Gibraltar to North Africa. As most of you are aware I was unable to do this swim in 2015 as the weather presented a week of gale force winds.

I am still swimming in the lovely Nene although it has been incredibly high and fast this week. The water is now around 7-8C so it is still possible to swim fairly comfortably for 30 to 40 minutes.

2017 is a special birthday year so I have decided to treat myself to another paddle in the Channel. I have managed to get a slot with Suva and Neil Streeter thanks to the lovely Sarah.

My best news is that I have finally got a CD player fitted in my space age touch screen Peugeot. Rocking all the way to the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!