Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday 31 January 2016

TOASTIE WATER!

It seems incredible that the water temperature has actually risen this week to a fairly "comfortable" 8C.

Yesterday the gang had a great swim although the river was very high and fast. Tom Reed and I swam up to the gate, a 1400m swim which was very hard work up to the gate but rapid on the way back!

I am doing a couple of pool swims a week to keep the mileage up but nothing compares to the river which is just a blast!

With my Gibraltar Straits swim in October, I am in a pretty good place with my training at the moment and will build huge mileage during March when I am in New Zealand.

My touch screen music system in the car continues to erode my hearing as meat should be thick and music should be loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!