Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Saturday 11 July 2015

EGRETS I'VE HAD A FEW

Well dear reader. What a week.

On Thursday I spent what seemed like half the day in the river. All this week the water has been magnificent, calm and placid with beautiful sunshine and no one at all around.

Well, this brings me to my headline. As I was swimming through the lovely wooded area at Aldewinkle I noticed a dazzling white bird sitting on a log on the side of the river. At first I thought it to be a Heron, perhaps an albino.

But no! This was, as confirmed by knowledgeable people, an Egret. Not a baby eagle as 2 people have said to me, but a gleaming white Egret and and these birds have moved into the area from  France. They jumped into a lorry at Calais and got out at the A1 services at Peterborough.

Lots of Ks this week, more of the same as August approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!