Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday, 17 June 2013


It seems incredible that the weekend has arrived for my swim around the island of Jersey.

Guess what? The weather forecast is for Force 4 winds and above. That is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news as the swim can't take place in anything above Force 3. There are many safety reasons for this as I have to consider not only my own safety but the safety and comfprt of everyone on the pilot and support boat.
Unless the forecast radically changes it ain't gonna happen this week baby! Good ol' British Summer.

So what to do? I am already looking at other dates in July but I need to be mindful of my Channel swim in August and not get too close to that as it is impossible to do 2 huge back to back swims. If I can't fit a date in, as these are booked up years in advance, I will look at dates for next year.

All disappointing BUT I still have my Channel swim to come for this year so all to play for. I will keep you in the loop.

The British Red Cross still needs YOUR help. PLease donate at:

Keep rocking. I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!