Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Saturday 26 January 2013

IT'SNOW FUN

As you may be aware, I hate snow. I can't imagine why people would want to go away and have a holiday in it. Hopefully it will go away today.

Training is really going well. Last January I covered just over 60,000 metres, already I have done 85,000 with 4 big swims planned before the end of the month. I am focusing on much longer swims at the moment, minimum 5,000 metres. I will do more speed work in February although I am doing 3.27 kilometres per hour compared to 2.99 this time last year. Interestingly (well to me anyway) that I have already spent the equivalent of one whole day in the pool having swum for 24 hours 26 minutes thus far! My pool hours have been transformed by my new Merlin MP3 player. WOW, rock and roll as I swim baby. I can highly recommend it ( any sponsorship gratefully accepted Mr. Merlin ) as it is far better quality than my old one. Thank you Santa!

With round Jersey and the Channel this year, I am looking at 2014 swims. Europe to Africa or Ireland to Scotland are possibilities. These are already pretty well booked. Mad people.

Swam to Sweet Home Alabama this morning. Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!