Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's the final countdown!

Well, here we go. I can now say that my Channel swim from Jersey to France is next month. There have been all sorts of problems with these swims this year as the summer (ha, ha) has been terrible and the weather has prevented attempts thus far. Surely it has to improve for August!
I have a couple of big mileage weeks ahead before I taper down for Jersey. I feel that I am ready to go now but the extra weeks will round off things nicely. This morning I was the lightest weight that I have been for 10 years but I can't afford to shed any more weight as the cold water will hurt if I do.
Lizzie and I are looking forward to America and Chesapeake Bay swims in the sunshine. It will be good to get away from the rain and the gloom!
Don't forget the immortal words of Planet Rock.
Turn it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!