Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 9 July 2012

The Big Week!

This is my mega week to put in the miles as I approach my August swims. This morning I swam for 3 hours at Peterborough Lido. I will do a 6 hour stint later in the week and get over to the beautiful North Sea soon. I know that I have said this before, but Peterborough is my favourite pool as it just feels so good swimming outside in the cold water and being able to swim 50 m. It is a shame that is an 80 mile round trip to swim, but it is the closest open air cold pool that I have access to. It was great for me as for a long time I had the pool to myself so I could swim around the walls without having to stop. The sky this morning had to be seen to be believed as I have never seen so black a sky. Amazingly, the heavens didn't open although it is a buzz swimming in the rain. Love it.
As the legend Alice said, School's out for summer, so 62 sleep ins before the next work day. What a great job.
Don't forget.
Keep rocking the casbah.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!