Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Saturday 5 May 2012

Speed Freak Week!

I am more than happy ploughing up and down the pool for hours on end. One in every four weeks is devoted to speed, not my favourite week! This week I have had two hard speed sessions with one more to come on Sunday. Unfortunately my Wednesday session was wiped out as the school pool had an ecological breakdown so I had to double up on Thursday at Kettering. I covered 7.5Ks, including 50 x 100mts. I will man up and do 100 x 100mts but I couldn't this week as I didn't have enough change for the car park! Why does Kettering charge so much to park outside the pool? If I am swimming long, I have to get an all day pass. Nuts.
Friday night I did 3200mts hard, managing to do it well under an hour. I wanted a bit faster but then remembered that I am 55.
Sunday is my worst nightmare. The pyramid! 20 lengths hard, 19, 18 down to 1 and then back up again. A great feeling when I finish, trepidation at the start.
Great news this week. I passed my medical for the Jersey to France channel swim. All a bit real now.
Keep rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!