Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Friday 30 September 2016

6 HOURS IN WATER UNDER 16C, TICK

I have started my tapering as I enter the final few weeks before my Gibraltar swim. 

Last Saturday I did my final 6 hour swim starting in the dark at 6 20 am. The water never rose above 16C and was still only 15.7C when I finished. 

Double plus! 

Not only a great training swim, it will also count as my 6 hour qualifying swim for the Channel next July.

This week I will be down to 15k in the river and will begin to rest up in the next 10 days. I am ready to go, it has been a long summer as I have never had a major swim so late in the year.

Rock on!

1 comment:

  1. The 6-hour thing isn't a requirement for Gibraltar, is it? I hadn't read that anywhere.

    I've done a 6-hour swim before, but in 18C.

    I hope not!

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!