Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Wednesday 14 August 2013

2ND CHANNEL CROSSING LOOKS GOOD



The 14 day long range weather forecast for the Channel for week beginning 26th August looks promising with light winds.

My first window looks like the morning (0100) of the 27th. Great time to start, swimming into the sunrise and all jellyfish curl up and sleep in the depths during darkness (hopeful thinking!).

Speaking of those detestable of all creatures, I have come across a product that acts as a factor 50 sunblock (hurrah, no more burnt armpits!) and a jellyfish deterrent at the same time. How fantastic is that. Unfortunately I can't test the jellyfish bit in the river unless I decide to roll in some nettles.

Wonderful morning in the Nene this morning. My Heron has become tame and we are now on first names. It lets me swim past within 2 metres and will now sit and watch me rather than fly off. Today I stopped and watched a Kingfisher. Are they the most colourful British bird?

Here is my article in the H20 Open Water magazine if you missed it.

http://www.h2openmagazine.com/readers-swims/david-colemans-jersey-to-france-swim.html

Many thanks for your support of the British Red Cross. Keep it coming!

www.virginmoneygiving.com/DavidColeman8
Listening to the great new song by Airbourne. "No one fits me better than you". Classic rock

1 comment:

  1. 'My Heron has become tame and we are now on first names' - Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!