Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday 26 October 2014

AFRICA, I'M ON THE WAY!

Well dear reader now the world turns!

After years of trying to get a slot to swim across the Straits of Gibraltar I have finally been given a slot for the first week of April 2015.

A bit early in the season but this may be the only opening I get as this swim is now part of the Oceans 7 swim series and is highly sort after. The water should be around 15-16C so very doable.

I have had some character building river swims this week as Hurricane Gonzalo did play havoc with the foliage on the bank. On Thursday I was faced with an armada of leaves and sticks in the water but hey, what's a few whacks around the kisser by spiked leaves and branches.

I am off to the river today before heading back to school tonight. I am not going to let work spoil a weekend sent from heaven.

Lizzie and I had a great day in Aldeburgh
The Kiwi beat the Kangaroos
The Saints beat the Ospreys
Leicester lost to the Scarlets. Ha Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!